Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Weather Update!

Hey everyone! I guess I'm feeling like a cool dusk. The bright light of a day at school is waning and I'm ready to squeeze the last bit of fun and play in before I have to head inside for the night. I definitely enjoyed sunny skies earlier when my students were researching and writing their own magazine articles. A student who struggles to stay focused and is typically resistant to writing has spent two class periods with his bum glued to the chair working furiously to publish his masterpiece. I'm excited to use up the last of the sunlight here in class, but I know that the waning light will lead me soon inside to my kitchen table to upload data for my SLOs. Not that I don't want to see my students grow, the process is just so tedious... Luckily, tomorrow's forecast is another sunny day of kids exploring and writing and creating!

3 comments:

  1. I even hate the word data. I don't really know why. As an English teacher, I give myself the right to hate it if I want to, for no apparent reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is always so important to start every day with a sunny start. I like this metaphor, it is important to not carry over bad feelings/exhaustion from the previous day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SLO's and uploading data feels like mucky muddy sloshy days, but it's so nice to see someone looking at the sun tomorrow, the eternal optimist. Cool dusk might be my favorite weather and time of day, seems so reflective and peaceful, thanks for a great class yesterday, hope today is as sunny as you can stand.

    ReplyDelete